Vray Dirt and Excluded Objects

christosviskadourakis

I don't think so, did you put a different name to that pass right??

like Extra Text 1 and Extra Text 2??

If the dirt is returning back objects it can be.

Flipped normal, Double geometry or very close geometry, like on shell meshes, or wrong scale in the mesh, like when you import something from other 3D app.

I don't think so, did you put a different name to that pass right??

like Extra Text 1 and Extra Text 2??

If the dirt is returning back objects it can be.

Flipped normal, Double geometry or very close geometry, like on shell meshes, or wrong scale in the mesh, like when you import something from other 3D app.

Yes, I put different names on the elements. Although I have some imported geometry in my scene, the black objects follow a pattern. So I have 2 different vraydirts (ExtraTex elements). Lets say I have a special dirt for one object only, this object will be showen correctly but ALL the other objects (so basically the rest of the scene) are black. If I turn to my second vray dirt, it showes the dirt correctly but it showes black the excluded object (this one with the special vray dirt on the first ExtraTex element).

I think now I understand you problem, double check here and what is happening it is correct :p

If you use exclude, that is exactly what it will do, show it black. What you image or hope that will happens is that the object should be White or non affected by the VRay dirt pass. but if it is that what you need, then it has to be a Photoshop mask help.

What V Ray is doing is correct, what is isolated is rendering black; or in other words not rendering.

I think now I understand you problem, double check here and what is happening it is correct :p

If you use exclude, that is exactly what it will do, show it black. What you image or hope that will happens is that the object should be White or non affected by the VRay dirt pass. but if it is that what you need, then it has to be a Photoshop mask help.

What V Ray is doing is correct, what is isolated is rendering black; or in other words not rendering.

I don't know, to me, it looks like a bug or as a logic error. The black-excluded object might be correct for other passes (like specular-reflection-etc) but for vraydirt is wrong. When the unoccluded color is set to white then the objects without dirt should be white. If you want to add the dirt as an extra layer in photoshop, the occluded areas must be the black (or the color-map you chose) and the unoccluded areas must be white.

Thanks for your replies. Have a good day

Christos