Corona 1.4 stability

Peter M. Gruhn

Well, I'm glad I waited until after the project was finished. I very much enjoyed first looks at the de-noising and multiple movable render regions and render to texture might be able to help me with... that thing. ANYWAY....

Just wandering around a very recent project looking for interesting places to put a camera I was having renders crash much more frequently than I would have liked.

Just curious if anybody else has been running into stability issues with Corona 1.4. Thanks.

Hi Peter!

Sorry to hear your experiencing a lot of crashes - this is not something I've heard of regarding Corona 1.4, so I don't have any immediate things to try. Not sure if you are over on our forums, but that would be a great place to post details on what is going on, such as any minidumps, is it just the one scene and others work fine, anything in common with the camera angles you have selected (a particular object coming in to view perhaps?), is this the Interactive Renderer that is crashing, etc. The forums are at https://corona-renderer.com/forum/index.php - as well as getting that info to the devs, it will also give a chance for any users to give feedback on whether they've run into anything similar!

Best regards,

Tom

I've switched back for now. It might be just this scene. It isn't flawless on 1.3. Lots of proxy plants and lots of displacement. I got a bunch more RAM to handle it. Soon as I finish with this model I'll grab 1.4 again and see how it goes for other stuff. Thanks for the feedback y'all.

• 2 weeks later...

I've switched back to 1.4 for the interior renders. Everything is going nicely. Far less displacement and fewer proxy plants. I wasn't running out of memory on the other one... maybe only a little more than half full. I'm sorry any issues weren't reproducible enough.

Thanks Pete, good to hear all is working as expected now! Yes, always frustrating when an issue pops up without a reproducible pattern. Should you run into it again, let us know, if it gets reproducible then you can always share the scene itself with us via our bug reporting so we can take a look.