Windows 10 - Yes or No?

I keep getting pestered by Microsoft to upgrade to Widows 10. Now I'm all for a new operating system but before I do I want to know for sure if it's going to work with all my main programs and plugin's etc. I don't want to install the free upgrade only to screw my whole system and have to invest in a load of new software.

I'm currently on windows 7 and use Max 2014, Vray3, Adobe CS6 and mudbox 2014.

Am I going to be okay?

Yep, Windows 10 all the way. Heck, even the boot time improvement is worth it if you aren't on a SSD yet. I was floored by just doing an upgrade and how seamless it was going from 7 to 10. I expected have broken things all over the place, but it just felt like I had installed 10 from the start.

The only annoying thing is that it doesn't seem to respect folders in the start menu. Say for example your Autodesk start menu folder. In previous version you'd have sub folders for Max, AutoCAD, Revit, Backburner, etc. Now, you just have one folder with all of the apps in it. So it can be hard to organize. Thankfully, Windows Classic Shell and other apps fix this for you if you prefer a cleaner start menu.

YES YES and YES. Boot time is unbelievable and you have a solid state drive, its nuts. My laptop boots into Windows in 2-3 seconds. I've had no incompatibility issues at all. It runs clean and smooth.

• 3 weeks later...