V-Ray RT GPU acts strange after RAM upgrade

filipgavril

Hello everyone,

I have a problem that's been bugging me for the past weeks and I can't find any answers on what might be the cause or how it could be fixed. I turn to you for aid..

In short words, I use vRay RT GPU quite a lot and everything works exceptionally well until I add a couple of sticks of RAM in my build. Up until now I've used a Titan X and a 980Ti on an Asus x99 Deluxe motherboard, i7 5820K CPU and 4x4GB RAM at 2666.. Normally, I start the RT engine and the GPUs kick in at ~100% utilization. All is fine and well until I add another IDENTICAL set of RAM sticks (4x4 2666) to the build. With the new ram, as soon as I start the RT engine, the CPU kicks in at about ~80% utilization and the GPUs stay at 20-30% utilization.. This happens on ALL scene regardless of size or complexity and ONLY after I add the new RAM.. If I remove the new ram sticks everything goes back to normal. This is the second set of RAM sticks that I've tried, as the first set I thought was buggy and had replaced..

I have absolutely no idea what causes this, or how It can be solved. Any ideas? Could it be the hardware? drivers? Any thoughts or speculations on this issue would be highly appreciated, as it's really starting to scratch at my brain..

All the best,

Filip