Halsall Barn Rev B

1465925166.jpg

Studio/Institution: CLA
Genre: Residential Exterior
Software: 3DS 2015, VRAY, Photoshop
Description:

After several months out planning my travelling around Australia, i decided to go back to my favorite scene, the barn conversion in Halsall.

Applied a much more realistic brick (much more like the real barn) and a few greenery tweaks which i feel compliment it much more. A few further tweaks before i sign it off in to my folio but am i looking alright?

The atmosphere is aimed at a late summers evening thus quite saturated and bathed in colour.

• 2 weeks later...

This looks great!

I'm no expert by any means, so take it or leave it, but I've discovered that mixing things up in my foreground helps a lot... whether it be a shadow, or a patch of dead grass among all the green. Maybe I'm desperate to see something different after doing so many renderings with vast parking lots in the foreground, but there are my two cents. In real life this shot probably looks just like this, but even Photoshop tweaks like a vignette or something could pull me in. Great Image!

This looks great!

I'm no expert by any means, so take it or leave it, but I've discovered that mixing things up in my foreground helps a lot... whether it be a shadow, or a patch of dead grass among all the green. Maybe I'm desperate to see something different after doing so many renderings with vast parking lots in the foreground, but there are my two cents. In real life this shot probably looks just like this, but even Photoshop tweaks like a vignette or something could pull me in. Great Image!

Thank you for the very kind words. I agree about the foreground. I used ForrestPro to try and vary the grass and avoid it tiling or looking monolithic but you are right, more could be done. On to the next one :)