Maxwell Vs Vray

stephanelamarque1

Hey everyone,

I have been using vray for the last 7 years and am actually looking around for what other renderers have achieved so far.

My reason for looking for info on Maxwell is the no flickering part while doing animation.

So if there are people experienced enough in maxwell, I would be grateful if you could share some of your thoughts on the workflow, process and rendering setup compared to vray.

Thanks for your contribution.

I think your problem is not the render engine, but your technique, I use V-Ray almost every day, I have several animations and I don't have flickering problems. The latest release of V-Ray improve Brute force rendering considerable, so you can render your scene only with Brute force, that will ensure you not GI problems at all and it may render faster than Maxwell.

• 10 months later...

Hi All, We were big fans of Maxwell and stuck by it for a long time, but after we switched to vRay we have found the render times we are achieving have increased productivity immemsely and perhaps more importantly the vast amount of resources now available to us (ie without having to convert materials) means we are saving more time. Now, next on our wish list is a serious contender to replace our reliance on 3ds Max, which we are feel is evolving so slowly now, we'd jump to a better faster software if we felt we had a serious alternative. Subscription has us where it wants us!

Regards

Jesper Pedersen

http://www.pedersenfocus.ie