Animated region

pauljcox

Hi all. I've been using Max for several years now, but haven't done much animation. I want to make a photo real render with just one animated part - say for example the curtain is blowing slightly but everything else in the room is static. Would it just be as simple as rendering one overall image, and then rendering 100 or so frames of the one animated region? What would be a good method for achieving this? Probably a dummy question, but I'm pretty green when it comes to animation, and I want to do this right :-)

Thanks.

Well... I don't want to be the pessimist here, but, hopefully it work for you with that simple solution. Because it may look very strange if you don't consider, transparency or translucency of the curtain material, shadows or light variation that the curtain may produce with the movement. and how light will affect the curtain it self.

I guess it depend of the camera position. If your shot has a straight view to the curtains and the floor right under it, with light coming through that window ( which usually happens) then, rendering region may be a better choice. or even render the whole frame.

Also, I am not sure what render engine you are using. If you have GI you need to adjust your setting for moving object. Otherwise you'll get GI noise.