Displacement issue on brick wall

Hello to all!

I know displacement is an issue that has been covered extensively in this forum. I have read most threads but still I have an issue with my render. It is a brick material and I use normal map because I realised normal maps behave better in terms of displacement. I have grouped the faces together it seams fine in most of the wall but as you can see between the two windows there is an area with strange lines. I imagine it's the geometry and displacement map failure but I can't get rid of it. Is it a GI matter OR AA? Any thoughts?

thank you in advance

1.jpg

What render engine are you using? Most of render engine uses gray scale image for displacement, not normal map (RGB).

Those distortion in your displacement, can be for low quality on your image or low count of polygons in your mesh.

One quick fix would be subdivide that wall. Give more segments.

Also check the normal, all should be pointing in the same direction.

Thanks for the response! I use Vray with standard material. The problem started with DISP map and when I changed to normal map the issue was less intense. I divided the face inside the group even rebuilted a few times, set edge length to 2. I will try to increase the quality of the image but I am not sure it would be a good idea. I use LIGHT CACHE 2000 subdivs and IR map min -1 max 1. I have encountered the same issue with a concrete floor material but the problem was resolved once I divided the face. This is more persistent.

• 2 weeks later...