3ds Max to Revit

Randy liddil

Does anyone know if there is a way to get a model from 3ds max to Revit so it can be editable in Revit and not just a block? Also, if there is a way to bring Sketchup into Revit without it being a block would be great to know if possible as well. Have been pulling my hair out over this lol!

Makes sense. But it is strange that Autodesk allows an FBX file to be exported out of Revit but won't bring one it from 3ds Max even as a non editable object.

Max and Revit are not the same core modeling system. In max, you just make a box. That's it. Plain ole boring box. In Revit you make a box, but that box has an entire wealth of information within it. You can take the BIM out of a box and it's still useable in Max. But you can't add BIM to a box coming in from Max.

Yes, I understand all of this. I work in a Retail Design Firm where there are a lot very fast timelines where we have to model in 3ds max first to show renderings for pitch work and it ends up going into Revit after 3ds max. It's too bad there isn't a way to convert 3D Objects to Parametric BIM families.

Although I just found this!

http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/how-to-convert-3d-cad-solids-to-revit-parametric-bim-families-tip9852