My Render in Vray 3.4 on 3D Max 2015 is totally black!

faisalasemi

Hi Faisal,

I would suggest start with some basic trouble shooting: Try putting a vRay light right in front of the camera. Check your camera settings.

In general, open a 2nd max file where everything works, and "reverse engineer", ie check all settings and try to find out what is different.

Good luck!

Jesper Pedersen

http://www.pedersenfocus.ie

Upload a small test file that gives you a blank render and people could help better. It's way more difficult to know without looking at the settings.

It could be just exposure, or environment fog or, a hidden object rendering in front of the camera

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

Hi ! I'm using lately this version of vray 3.4 and i'm also having some problems with this engine. I don't know why but now it's very difficult for me to set up the light. For example i have a new scene with vraycam, and the only light that i'm using is vray sun and it is 0,02 strong (attachment). With only this light my render is overexposed! it is impossible that so less amount of light can give me such strong resultat. Also I have f number 8, and the basic settings of ss, fs. At the beggining I had some problems with instaling this plug, there was some strange error mistake. It seems like this new vray is not responding for my requests - for example I'm changing my f numer from 8 to 40 and nothing is happening ! I don't know what to do anymore, maybe the problem is with this vray ( the installation wasn't properly made), or there is sth wrong with particulary version which I have.

I would be so greatful for some help, if anyone has similar problem. With the previous version everything worked just fine ...

e.jpg

d.jpg

Hi ! I'm using lately this version of vray 3.4 and i'm also having some problems with this engine. I don't know why but now it's very difficult for me to set up the light. For example i have a new scene with vraycam, and the only light that i'm using is vray sun and it is 0,02 strong (attachment). With only this light my render is overexposed! it is impossible that so less amount of light can give me such strong resultat. Also I have f number 8, and the basic settings of ss, fs. At the beggining I had some problems with instaling this plug, there was some strange error mistake. It seems like this new vray is not responding for my requests - for example I'm changing my f numer from 8 to 40 and nothing is happening ! I don't know what to do anymore, maybe the problem is with this vray ( the installation wasn't properly made), or there is sth wrong with particulary version which I have.

I would be so greatful for some help, if anyone has similar problem. With the previous version everything worked just fine ...

Reset everything to default, click render, it should works.

Your problem is exposure, default exposure will work fine to be used with Sun/sky

be sure that you are using physical camera and exposure is setup, you have two options, you can control it from the exposure panel or from the camera it self.

This is a change on 3D Max not VRay, everything is well explained in both manuals.