Photoshop scripting?

CEJ1976

Hi,

I have a single layer image in Photoshop that has the following dimensions:

Width = 18432 px

Height = 1536 px

I am trying to find a script that will divide this image into 12 individual layers of 1536 x 1536 px (vertically) and then save each individual layer as a 1536 x 1536 px image. The vertical offset for each layer will need to be an identical 1536 px.

Can anyone please help???

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Fairly simple to setup..took me maybe 15 mins.

Strip to Panels.atn

*Edit: I should say that this is specifically for the document dimensions stated in OP. It will create a new PS file with each panel on separate layer. You can modify to save after each panel is pasted if you want them saved as separate files too, or save the whole thing as one PSD at the end, I just wasn't sure. :)

Edited by spacecase

Thank you very much for this Casey. This is a very helpful action script, however the selection just seems to create an identical selection each time?

I will use your theory and create an action myself based upon this one.

Cheers.

My pleasure. Sorry it's not working quite right. This is the first action scripts I've ever shared, so I don't have much experience troubleshooting them. I made it with CS 5.5, so maybe that's the problem.

Here's some info on how I set it up. I made a document at the stated size (I used 72dpi), set the marquee tool (rectangle select) to fixed size (1536x1536), then - with snaps on - made the first selection at the top, dragged a guide line down and snapped it to the bottom of the selection. Repeat all the way down by snapping the selection to each new guide for the next panel down and setting another guide. After all of that it should be pretty straight forward how to record the action. :)