Maxwell Sea - Ground plane Sea?

moeinnodehi

Dear artist Friends!

Is it possible to make the ground plane to look like a sea/ocean in Maxwell Studio?

I am designing a Island and trying to make a realistic sea/ocean around the Island

I did try to do this with the Extension Maxwell Sea - But don't know if it works on the ground plane? Screen Shot 2016-07-17 at 14.02.42.jpg

Any Suggestion is appreciated!

/Moe

I am not a Maxwell user, but some basics can be replicated with any 3D render engine.

First as important as the plane you are using to show ocean (surface water) you also need to build underwater terrain, this will help to create depth and make the color of your water more believable. Also you need to put some sky element, a dome with clouds or something to the water to reflect. With no reflection your water will look dead.

Most render engine come with material preset for water, or you can find them online. I am sure Maxwell will have one, but you need to check the scale of your project and adjust the material scale accordingly.

It is really hard to see from your screen shot, but I can tell there is not details in the water, which could tell me that the scale is off and also you don't have anything to reflect.

hope this help.