ediskujovic

I have this personal project on which I have been working on for a while and now I want to render it with high settings and at least 4k resolution.

When I set up higher settings (3k resolution, IM(High 100subs)+LC(2000)) it starts to render and uses around 24GB/32GB and at first pass the RAM jumps to 31.4 and when it reaches 32GB 3ds max just crashes (around 15min into rendering) and it says Low Memory 3ds max shut down. Even when I overwrite the materials with very simple one.

You can see PrintScreen in attachments.

Im using i7-4790; 32GB RAM; 960 graphic card;3ds max 2014 on Windows 10 with Vray 3.3

I tried everything. The polycount was huge (around 18milion), then i optimized it to around 9 milion. Still crashes. I then took step further and took another machine (same specs) and used it as a Slave. rendered the same image on Distributed rendering, now it had 64GB RAM and two i7-4790. Both showed almost 100% RAM usage. Crashed.

Edit: I always put Dynamic Memory Limit on 0. Even when I set it to 20k f.e. it ignores it and goes above limit

Could it be that the problem is with Windows 10 and not the scene?

Thanks

RAM leak.jpg

Edited by ediskujovic