Vray Frame Buffer Corrections and Animations [HELP]

chriskiser

Hey everyone I'm having a bit of an issue and need help. I am currently working with Vray 2.3 and have an interior project I've been working on doing stills. For the stills I've been using the vray frame buffer color curve corrections and exposure corrections when saving out my renders. Now we are doing an animation and the renders don't seem to be saving using the correction info and I can't seem to get the same effect in after effects.

Is there a way to make the animation frames (I'm rendering thru backburner to a render farm) save with the vray frame buffer corrections?

Please help. Thanks.

Are you saving the file from the VRay output?? or from the regular Max output slot?

You should be using V Ray output panel.

To get the same control that you have in V Ray buffer you need to save your images at 32 bit in EXR format or HDR format. Otherwise you won't have enough information on the file to do adjustments in post.

It seems I was trying to save from the max output slot. When I tried to save from just vray output panel i would get an error that I was not saving any output. When I tried to save from both the max buffer and the vray buffer it would error out after the first frame because I think the buffers were trying to save at the same time. So I told the max buffer to save in one folder and the vray buffer to save in another and it worked fine.