V-ray Render Image Aspect Ratio Issue

jimmykim1

Untitled-1.jpg

Hello, everyone.

I've been having this issue where the aspect ratio of the render keeps doing something weird. I my setting seems to be at 1536 x 830, but it keeps rendering in the upper area of the frame. I tried switching cameras or rendering from viewport, but coudn't find the problem.

It was working fine to a certain point and then I must have changed something by mistake..? Does anybody have a solution to this?

You know I can't see the image you uploaded (using tapatalk here), but, does the rendered part have a red outline around it? If it does, then you're using the "render section" option in the vfb. Uncheck one of the teapots that should be checked right now and render again.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool

So what is that option made for?

That is an excellent question! It's a way to render to 2 different horizontal line fields so that your animation can work on ancient broadcast TV systems. It was a way to do interlacing video.

I've never known anyone that uses this feature. Kind of like how no one really renders direct to video from Max, LOL. It's like these antiquated settings that were never really used - that AutoDesk keeps around for sentimental reasons. HAHA.

With modern post production software, there's zero reason to actually render to fields that I can think of.... :)