Render for comments

reyanansari

Nice work.

I would say that overall the lighting seems a bit dark and flat. Also, the unnatural, straight-on perspective of the wall gives an impression of being staged. The composition is also a bit symmetrical.. the picture, shelf, and chair together mimic the shape of the fridge, and my eye goes to the big empty wall space instead of going down to the table. A bit of perspective on the camera can help that, but maybe also move things around a bit to create more interest in the objects themselves while breaking up the wall space.

For the lighting, I suggest experimenting with getting more light under the furniture to help enhance their silhouettes against the floor. Setting the floor object to bounce more light is one technique. You could also consider adding light from the lamp. The flat lighting suggests that it's night, but the big white highlights (on fridge, etc) suggest daylight from windows. Maybe add a fill light with a pale blue sky color to mimic daylight from a window off to the side.

Think 'outside' of the scene.. meaning imagine what real-world structures or environments are around it, which will help you think of what's needed to establish the location, time of day, mood, etc.

Okay.. last thing, is to try to tell a story. A simple story. For instance, those sneakers are dirty.. why not mess them up even more.. turn one on the side.. add some mud splatter on the shoes and floor.. make it messy right there. Now it's evident something happened in this scene.. it's so clean, but real dirty just over here.. I wonder what's going on? Are there more clues elsewhere? :)

It's a nice start. Good luck!

This looks good, I´m not a pro myself but I love it when people criticize my work, it inspires in some way.

So, I would say the wallpaper looks a bit flat, maybe adding some reflections to it would make it pop.

The material on the lamp looks odd, I would either make chrome or black, its not something you would see in real life, I don´t really know what material you were going for there.

The coffee table is beautiful but it looks very dark underneath.

The frame on the wall looks like a poster, it needs more depth, what I do in those cases is I separate it more from the wall to create a larger shadow behind, or add light in front of it so it gives me the look that is hanging there.

I would also let more natural light in, to get nicer reflections.

Would love to see if you make some changes to it. Hope this helps!

This looks good, I´m not a pro myself but I love it when people criticize my work, it inspires in some way.

So, I would say the wallpaper looks a bit flat, maybe adding some reflections to it would make it pop.

The material on the lamp looks odd, I would either make chrome or black, its not something you would see in real life, I don´t really know what material you were going for there.

The coffee table is beautiful but it looks very dark underneath.

The frame on the wall looks like a poster, it needs more depth, what I do in those cases is I separate it more from the wall to create a larger shadow behind, or add light in front of it so it gives me the look that is hanging there.

I would also let more natural light in, to get nicer reflections.

Would love to see if you make some changes to it. Hope this helps!

Hi Alejandro,

Thanks for commenting in depth.

Please see this updated render :)

11-a.jpg

Nice work.

I would say that overall the lighting seems a bit dark and flat. Also, the unnatural, straight-on perspective of the wall gives an impression of being staged. The composition is also a bit symmetrical.. the picture, shelf, and chair together mimic the shape of the fridge, and my eye goes to the big empty wall space instead of going down to the table. A bit of perspective on the camera can help that, but maybe also move things around a bit to create more interest in the objects themselves while breaking up the wall space.

For the lighting, I suggest experimenting with getting more light under the furniture to help enhance their silhouettes against the floor. Setting the floor object to bounce more light is one technique. You could also consider adding light from the lamp. The flat lighting suggests that it's night, but the big white highlights (on fridge, etc) suggest daylight from windows. Maybe add a fill light with a pale blue sky color to mimic daylight from a window off to the side.

Think 'outside' of the scene.. meaning imagine what real-world structures or environments are around it, which will help you think of what's needed to establish the location, time of day, mood, etc.

Okay.. last thing, is to try to tell a story. A simple story. For instance, those sneakers are dirty.. why not mess them up even more.. turn one on the side.. add some mud splatter on the shoes and floor.. make it messy right there. Now it's evident something happened in this scene.. it's so clean, but real dirty just over here.. I wonder what's going on? Are there more clues elsewhere? :)

It's a nice start. Good luck!

Hello Space,

Please see this updated render.

Changed the perspective and added more props. :)

11-a.jpg

If that were my room a more pressing matter than my choice of wallpaper would be "why the hell have I chosen to sit next to my refrigerator?"

I genuinely have no idea what room I'm looking at. The chair, decor, etc suggest a livingroom, but the fridge and tiled floor suggest a kitchen. It's absolute nonsense. Nothing appears to have been put in its place for reasons other than "I'm going to render this item".

Much better! You are in the right path. I love the glossiness of the chair. And the lamp material looks great now. If you want to take this a step further its always nice to see the ceiling. And to be completely honest the wallpaper does not look good, it doesn´t fit the style of the chair and the floor, you have very modern items and the wallpaper just doesn´t fit, I´m guessing you are trying to do a kind of eclectic style, but I´ve seen much better wallpapers that would fit perfectly your image.

To me you are doing great with lighting and materials, but the styling of the interior is confusing. I see the room of a young boy who likes baseball, and its probably a small apartment because the fridge is in such a random place. So try to make it look younger. Just a thought.

Al

Hello friends i am facing problem in rendering. when i render my view it doesn't look bright and white tiles doesn't look white . i use vray physical camera in scene .can anybody help me . which lighting i can use for interior scene to make scene beautiful and realistic .i will be thankful .

The white tiles not looking white can be either the camera settings or the light. Trying setting the camera to NEUTRAL, o changing the color of the light. The tiles to me look white though. Maybe making them a bit reflective will improve that. The floor also needs some reflections, bump and more depth to it.

To me your scene has a big problem with the PERSPECTIVE angle, its very distorted and that makes it look unrealistic, the tiles look way too large on the walls and too small on the floor. It looks like a very tight space and its not, I think you are stretching the Film Gate parameter too far.

Your materials need work, they look plain, the tiles need bump so they look real. The wood material under the sink is my biggest problem, try something else there. The little plant next to the tub is not helping at all, you can barely see it, its not helping the render, so either make a place for it or ditch it.

The towels on both images look messy, the bathroom looks like its for a high end home, and the towels look cheap. The red flip flops on the right need to leave also, if you want them there find a great pair that would add more to the image, I see the Versace logo there, why not putting some Versace flip flops (Not sure if they even exist, but hope yo get the point).

And finally all care products next to the sink shouldn´t be there. It all depends where are you trying to take your image, if this is the showcase of the bathroom no one wants to see mess next to a sink, you need to WOW the client, a couple perfume bottles would be enough.

Its a good start, but needs more time. Hope this helps!

Edited by alejandrofernandez

• 4 weeks later...

It's brighter, but I don't see any attempt at improving the lighting situation to seem more realistic. The lighting here basically looks like a closet light, but the space is definitely bigger than a closet, so therein lies the disconnect for me. Add more ambient light, like what happens when there are windows, or other lights from other rooms. You have to work on 'suggesting' that there's more to the space than what's just being seen in order to ground it in reality.

I'm ignoring the props. Wish you would have specified what you were doing with this in the first place.

• Administrators
im afraid its very very very ugly and I don't see much evidence of lighting or materials?

Or using your polite words...."I don't think you're there yet....I don't see much evidence of lighting or materials?". Please try to treat our new members with a bit of respect. Thanks!