Apartment interior

PGD

1471950278.jpg

Studio/Institution: PGDesigns
Genre: Residential Interior
Software: 3DS - Vray - PS
Description:

An interior scene I've been working on..

I'd like to hear any suggestions on how I could get this looking better, so C&C very welcome

Thanks

If this is your own design, I would suggest going with a less is more approach. At the moment, the wide angle distorts the foreground quite a bit. Nobody is going to want to sit in those dining chairs along the wall and there should be room for someone to fit their legs between the couch and the table. remove the floor lamp arcing into the foreground. It adds nothing and impedes the window views. Lastly, I'd suggest raising your camera to standing height. It's either low or the painting is too high.

Thanks John - very valid points there. I agree about it being over populated. It's a very small apartment really which were trying to make look good. The camera sits just above the kitchen worktop, so it's really tight in there.

It's an architects plan, and choice of furniture. Although this is my take on it as I wasn't convinced with the multicoloured scheme they planned.

I may strip it back and make it look more spacious

i had a lengthy response all typed up but it disappeared when I hit the post button -

summary: change your camera angle. If the kitchen is divided by a wall, camera from the south and if it's open to the living area, camera from the NE corner. look at using a fall color scheme and strongly suggest a love seat instead of the lounge sofa

The original reply was much, much longer :