KRPano, Wordpress, GearVR, 6x1 Stereo?

Morne Erasmus

Hi all

As far as I understand, KRpano doesn't support 6X1 stereo (basically 12x1), and you need to have the usual equirectangular 2:1 images. With the documentation being not excactly stellar, could somebody give me a quick overview?

I'm building a single pano by dropping my 2:1 mono onto the MAKE PANO (MULTIRES) droplet. From here, all I need to do is to copy all the files it creates and ftp it up to my server. From here in Wordpress I just add a normal link to the html file?

What if I have a stereo 6X1 image? How do I pipe that through KRPano and onto my site?

Edited by Morne

A couple of things:

The Make Pano is a good starting point to get all your basic vtour stuff in place (xml files, html file, etc). You'll need to do that as a foundation.

However, from that point on I'd recommend that you NOT use any of their droplets to try and convert images. Generate a 12 image cubemap strip and then manually cut out each image to create the front/back/up/down/left/right squares. This is a pain in the butt. However, it's going to give you the absolute best image results and you won't be at the mercy of trying to figure out why the droplets aren't working properly, lol.

Once you get a 2D pano going and you're wanting to do 3D stereoscopic, there's some extra steps in terms of the image folder structure and code in the xml file.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

Converting cubes into sphericals is indeed a pain. Luckily Im using Corona-renderer, so I can escape the issues.

I dont quite understand one thing - you are planning to place your KRpano stuff on Wordpress and then view it with a GearVR? I have never been able to figure out how to view web stuff in a GearVR unit, thats why I use theViewer.co instead of KRpano - am I missing something?