Need Help setup vray for animation.

ffurduj

Hello,

I have interior scene with closed panels over the windows, then panels are open and slowly enters the light . When i calculate LC and save for the animation my scene on the start is not dark, it is like the panels are open. I can use IR + LC animation prepass but it takes a long time to calculate,and i can use BF+BF but its to long..

Does anyone know some better and faster solution?

Thanks!

No, when you use GI those are the method to follow if objects are moving or lighting is moving.

You can not calculate GI for a single frame and use it for the whole animation, lighting will look strange, the best way to do it is using Bf+Bf or Bf+LC calculated for each frame, but depending of your scene it may create light flickering.

Using the preset animation for Irr and LC will be faster than using Brute force, but brute force will be more accurate.

The other method would be not use GI and create a right of lights. Or fake everything in post. But not I don't think you want to do that ;)

BTW when you work in animation your expectation for rendering times need to be consistent to your animation, doing still is very different that working on animations. if it is taking too long in your machine, you need to use other machines as render nodes or pay for a cloud rendering solution.

You could also try to render IR and LC using single frame, but set the IR preset to at least High-Animation. It might save you in rendertime. Then again, it might not depending on what's going on in the scene. You might have to tweak your LC settings a bit using this method.

Thanks for replay, i cant calculate only one frame, i have camera and object movement. I know that the safest is BF(slow) but i want to ask maybe someone knows something better(faster). I am trying now IR Animation (prepass) to see if its going to work ok without flickering, i will inform you:)