Procedural Noise Texture Problem in 3ds max

kumarsrimali

I'm trying to create a brick texture where I have used procedural noise map. Then I have randomized the texture so that it doesn't look continuous overall. Now the problem is that the map is still looking continuous through out the bricks and it's not at all randomized though all other bitmap textures are looking randomized when tested.

do you have an image to display the problem??

You can control noise shader with local values but also with uv maps. are you using the same noise for all your bricks? or you create several of them?

sure, here I'm attaching an image where problem is in first image where map appears continuous even though co-ordinates are randomized. But as you can see, the bitmap image of wood is looking fine.

Untitled-1.jpg

Several things that can help you here.

How did you build that pattern? it is a single plane or are those individual blocks?

For the 'brick' look you need to create some gap between them also. That alone will help to break the continuity of the noise.

they to use different level of noise, one inside of other at different scales and mix map isolating different noises.

You could to create a multi sub object map, with different noises. You could use the same noise but adjust individually the uv for each block, but that is very time consuming. If they are cloned object or a single plane then it won't work any ways.

You could look in to bercon noise, that will let you give variance by polygons or objects, also Also you could use floor generator, and the multi texture from the same developer.

Other option is use V Ray triplanarText. If you have railcloner also would be a good solution, or omni tile plugin.

Several things that can help you here.

How did you build that pattern? it is a single plane or are those individual blocks?

For the 'brick' look you need to create some gap between them also. That alone will help to break the continuity of the noise.

they to use different level of noise, one inside of other at different scales and mix map isolating different noises.

You could to create a multi sub object map, with different noises. You could use the same noise but adjust individually the uv for each block, but that is very time consuming. If they are cloned object or a single plane then it won't work any ways.

You could look in to bercon noise, that will let you give variance by polygons or objects, also Also you could use floor generator, and the multi texture from the same developer.

Other option is use V Ray triplanarText. If you have railcloner also would be a good solution, or omni tile plugin.

Thanks for your suggestions. I will create gap between blocks but first I need to deal with continuity issue. As I sai above, I have randomized UV of each block and you can see that when I have applied bitmap wood texture in it. It's also working on viewport when noise map is used but not sure why it's not working when rendered. Do you get what I mean here?