Advise on a exterior midday render

jacobwallace

Hi all and thank you for all the great work posted on the site. I would like to share a 3D scene I have been working on lately using Vray 3.4 and 3dsMax. There are a few errors that need correcting, however I would really appreciate your advise on were to take it further.

06_test_shoped_lightly.jpg

Edited by jacobwallace

I would strongly recommend to review some architectural photography or real state photography as an inspiration and learning purpose.

technically speaking you need to work in different areas. all of them important to get better results.

Modeling, I would say is the strong part of this image, but still need to be improved a lot.

Materials; you need to adjust your color values, when possible try to use more textures rather than flat colors. If you want to use colors try to mix them with some noise shaders and blend them with other shaders to create variance.

also never use full whites or full black. This will give you wrong light bounces and unrealistic coloration.

Camera or composition; Your lens is way to wide, the car on the far right is very distorted and actually that side of the scene does not contribute at all you your composition.

Try to go with a more standard 35mm or 30mm lens maybe 20mm but don't go beyond that it make everything look too streched and wrong scale.

Lighting; you sun lighting is way to strong, you need to adjust your camera exposure and also use some color mapping, Try using Reinhardt with a burn value or 0.5 or lower. The default values of VRay will work better of whatever you are using now.