VRay for 3Ds Red Rendering - Please Help!

kevinmayo

Hello,

I just starting learning VRay for 3ds Max and am having some issues with my early attempts at rendering. I have followed along with many tutorials on rendering exterior architecture scenes and think I have pretty much the exact same settings.

I was having an issue with two different scenes both different issues. In one the single HDRI dome light is completely washing out my renders for some reason. I am using most of the default settings so I don't see where my issue is coming from.

Also in another scene my render is coming out like an infrared image, but the lighting seems fine aside from that.

Here are some pictures with my settings and the resulting render.

20161019_005845.jpg

20161019_003652.jpg

20161019_003744.jpg

Looks like "Pseudo Color Exposure Control"

Max Help Article on Pseudo Color Exposure Control

I think this behavior can also be related to using a non-legitimate copy of VRay.

As far as an HDRI washing out the scene, you need to adjust the exposure control, whether it is in the physical camera settings or the render settings.

Edited by beestee

Thank you for the feedback, I am using an education version of VRay licensed through the dongle... not sure but it seems like some of the functions aren't available to me. Though I am very new at this, only used the Revit in house renders before this.

The Pseudo Color Exposure control was the issue with the red renderings, thank you for that! I will play with the exposure controls to try and get the light to work correctly on my other scene.

Thanks again!