Workflow 3ds Max -> Substance Painter -> 3ds Max

Hey guys,

it´s been a while now that I wrote my last thread. I still stuck at the materials...Working with the standard materials in Max works fine now but I really want to work with high resolution textures like those from Substance Painter. I´m still a bit confused because of all the different map types. I never know when to use which map type and if I need let´s say at least 5 maps to create a good material. I´ve already googled for it but the only thing I could figure out is what the different maps do in theory.

My biggest wish is to know how to create materials with Substance Painter and import them in 3ds Max and put them on my mesh.

The tutorials on the internet always show how to texture with low poly and high poly. I know that low poly is really important when it comes to games. But at the moment I just want to put high quality textures on my high poly object. A friend of mine works with Maya and Quixel and he told me that he can´t really help me with Max and Substance Painter.

I´d work with Quixel aswell if it didn´t work easily with Substance Painter. I would just like to have good textures on my objects. It´s a bit frustrating if you´re working with max for a while now and you´re not able to finish any project because of the textures...

I really really hope that anyone can help me!

Thanks a lot in advance,

Maximilian