CPU problems..

Hello

I need some advice about CPU. I have compared my home PC (P9X79 PRO with i7 3820) with the CPU from my work -i7 4770K and results killed me. It seem that 4770 is about 30 time faster than 3820.. - is that even possible???!!

So i decided to buy new CPU for my old 2011 socket, that's.. narrows the choice to: 3930K, 3960X or 4930K, 4960X.

The question is, how much faster 4930k is from 3930k?

is it worth to pay twice the price of 3930k?

3820.jpg

4770.jpg

Hope this will give you some insight:

http://www.hardware.fr/articles/940-9/cpu-rendu-3d-mental-ray-v-ray.html

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPU/39

Would like to know whats up with your results. Full specs both pc's.

i7-4770 3.40 Ghz, GB Z87X-D3H-CF, 16 GB RAM - SSD disk, win 7, 3ds 2016, vray 3.40

i7-3820 3.6 Ghz, ASUS P9X79 PRO, 16 GB RAM - HDD disk, win 7, 3ds 2016 vray 3.20

That's all i know. Now i need to do some ram test, after runing CPU-Z software and move to SPD memory slot section my PC freezes..

• 2 weeks later...
...after runing CPU-Z software and move to SPD memory slot section my PC freezes..

Possibly bad RAM timings, or RAM itself is problem. If a good chunk of RAM is bad, rendering would utilize disk space as 'virtual memory' and the i/o for disk access is much slower than RAM. And of course HDD i/o is slower than SSD. If RAM is good, perhaps work RAM is faster.

Since CPUz is freezing your PC, you can also get your RAM info from the config screen (press F8 during boot before the Windows loading screen shows up).