Furniture Photorealism help!

pierrehugo

1477300308.jpg

Studio/Institution: DIFFUSE
Genre: Residential Interior
Software: 3ds max vray photoshop
Description:

Hello.

I need some help with this work. The client requires ultra realistic views of his bathroom furniture... he is not completely happy with this and I always strive to improve my work.

Any advice to make this more realistic?

LUCKY watermarksm.jpg

Edited by pierrehugo

Looks pretty good to me so far, great start! From what I can see though is there is not a lot of gloss, specularity, or bump mapping going on, especially on ceramic elements and the mirrors. Those small tweaks in the texturing could go a long long way :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Pierre,

I am also trying to render out realistic images of bathrooms and struggling myself. I find it helpfull to use bathroom images from the web as inspiration. It helps with composition and how light interacts with certain objects.

As Andrew already said your materials should be improved. Most of the time the cabinets of bathroom furniture are glossy and have a small amount of bump. Also your mirrors look a bit dull but I know it's pretty hard to get those right. I would also change the wall behind the furniture. Those bricks don't look good. I would go for a complete white wall. With these tweaks I think it will improve a lot.

A last question I have is what the exact goal of the image is? Is it the clients bathroom or is he the manufacturer of the furniture?