Marti Zanden

1477380158.jpg

Studio/Institution: Marti
Genre: Commercial Interior
Software: Autodesk Maya, Mental Ray
Description:

Hey everyone,

I am looking for some tips and critics on my interior render. I am trying to create a realistic image for a bathroom furniture brochure. I am struggling with composition and lighting so for this image I used a reference image I found on the web that I really liked and recreated it with my own models.

I am already pretty happy with the result but I like to strive for the best quality and I don't think I am there yet.

The things I am not really happy with are the floor material and the shower area. I think the shower area is too dark and blue. The floor material I think is not glossy enough.

Any tips and crits on how the improve this would be much appreciated.

Nice, i like it...here is what I would change: The shower-walls and the shower-ground have the same material like the rest of the bathroom? Where is the shower drainage, i would like to see a fluffy towel somewhere, the stool looks almost like an obstacle. The ceiling lamp is a little small...

Thanks for the feedback Harry, I appreciate it.

As for the shower floor and walls being the same material as the rest of the room, I actually like that. I have seen that in real life and it looked great. Though I might change the back wall material.

The drainage is indeed missing...completely forgot about that important detail.

The ceiling lamp is indeed small but hangs right above the edge of the bathroom cabinet. I don't think enlarging it will look good. It is also not meant to light the entire room. Although I didn't model them, there should be spotlights in de ceiling to light up the entire room.

As for fluffy towels....I would love to include one but I keep strugling with realistic towels. There are three towels in the room with simple bumpmapping. The one positioned on the ladder I think looks good. The ones on the stool however look pretty fake when zoomed in. The only way to make towels realy fluffy is by adding hairs but I am afraid it will take a long time to render. I might experiment with that.