Dimension correlation between Sketch up and Photoshop[ help needed]

barnaimre

Hi

Im new in 3D, I need to do matte painting in speculative architecture for my project,

at the moment I don't understand how can the resolution of the 3D model

surface match later on in PS with image texture.

I can setup the resolution due to " Make Unique Texture" option in Sketch up, however I haven't got any clue when I create the dimension of 3d model in meter according to the picture which I will use for texturing later on in PS, which it appears in cm and the picture usually bigger than the 3D model, therefore the image even, if I scale it down, don't match with shape. How can I eliminate this problem

Thanks

I'm not quite sure what you are asking for, but if you are trying to paint a texture to use on a surface in SketchUp, you can take that surface and view it in an elevation view and save 2d image, print it to a PDF, or, if you don't have the pro version of SketchUp, simply grab a screen shot, then take that into Photoshop and paint in the texture to the shape. If you need scale, you can place a grid texture in Sketchup to a specific scale,or setup guides, and resize the image in Photoshop to a real world size, but be careful the resolution. A 3 meter x 3 meter image in Photoshop will create a huge file size if the DPI is too high.

If I'm completely off on what you are asking for help on, I apologize.

For the project I need to create an A2 size matte painting.

I want to paste in building front side as texture on the face of the 3Dmodel a in Photoshop,

I just don't know, how to optimise the scale in sketch up for photoshop to match later on with the image.

And apologise I didn't mentioned that I want to keep 3D model, so I export it in obj format for PS,

therefore Im looking 3D option

Sorry if wasn't clear, I need to create a A2 size matte paint,

I create for instance with (x)100m; (y)75m (z)50m dimension a 3D

model, and export it in obj format, and than I open it in PS as a A2 document size

it generates next dimension x100mm y75mm z50mm. So basically it appears quiet small,

I understand I can increase the size but than scale ratio change.

what I want is to pull a high resolution image of building face to the front part of 3d model to fit

with quality loss of the image, just don't know how.

• 2 weeks later...