Pc Vray/Corona rendering specs

Hi guys!

Im completely new here, I'm about to buy a new pc (after 6 years) so my first pc was a very good investment so this time I'm looking for the same.

I usually use max + vray / corona + photoshop as a main workflow for architectural visualization, to be a more specific I use a lot Corona specially interactive mode (real time rendering supported by cpu). So, recently I've started to talk with my pc provider and he suggest me the next specs, so I really appreciate to know if this is ok for my workflow.

Thanks in advance

Santi

Btw I live in Ecuador South America and here we don't have direct pc parts providers so the prices are a bit higher in comparison with the US o EU because we need to import everything from abroad.

ps_specs.jpg

Hi Santiago and welcome to the hardware forums.

I would make some changes in the list above in order to fit better parts where they're really needed.

This is the list I would suggest:PCPartPicker part list

I'll explain why I made these changes. You don't really need a gtx 1080 just for viewports. A 1070 would have similar performance, as far as I know. I've recently tried a top gtx 980 Matrix Platinum in my system (I currently have a gtx 780 dcuII) and the fps gains I had inside 3ds max and Rhino wouldn't justify an upgrade right now. I noticed a mild 5-10% increase in fps in various scenarios. The gap between 1070 and 1080 would be much smaller and they both have 8gb of Vram, so shaving off ~200$ and investing them on other crucial parts (like the cpus) would be my way of thinking.

I changed the psu too. You don't need 1000W and there are better choices than the Toughpower.

I changed the ssd too. Get a cheaper 500gb sata ssd. Nvme ssds are still expensive and the long-awaited Samsung 960 won't be easily available for the next 1-2 months.

Again, it's more important to put your money on better cpus imo. Xeon E5-2690 v4 is good both in single and multi-threaded tasks. You'll have a 28c/56t machine with 3.5GHz single core turbo and 3.2GHz for all cores. This is great for a processor of this kind imo.

And last, don't use AIO coolers for this build. A good air-cooler (like the Noctua U12S) will do the job just fine and is generally quieter compared to most AIO's.

Edited by nikolaosm