Vray Material issue

dirkopperman

Hi Guys

This is my first post so i i hope it's in the right place.

Also, total 3D n00b here, trying to teach myself with tutorials etc.

I am having an issue with vray materials.

I have some materials i downloaded for free from vray-materials.de

The problem i am having is, the materials look fine in the material editor preview, but once applied to the model and rendered, it looks completely different, i don't knwo what i am doing wrong !

I would really appreciate any help, thank you in advance.

P.S. Here are screenshots of what i mean :

Posted as - Mat then result in render.

Vray-Mat-#2.jpg

Vray-Mat-Result-#2.jpg

Vray-Mat-#1.jpg

Vray-Mat-Result-#1.jpg

pencil.png

Then tune your material until it looks good in the render? A lot of the stuff in a material can be related to scale, for example the specles of your carpaint material. If you have effects such as fog (inside the material) you should have closed geometry and adjust the fog settings until it looks good in your render. Once again scale is key. How are your objects UVWmapped?

If you are a noob as you say you are, you will learn alot more from starting from a basic vraymaterial and playing with the settings to see what they do. When you download materials you never know what kind of scene setup they were created in or what they were created for, or even if the one who created it were even more noob than yourself.

Some recommended reading: http://viscorbel.com/vray-materials-theory/

If you want help with your material you need to state what it is that looks off/what you are trying to achieve, and the material settings.