target distribute vertexes?

elipan

ok so i have this little task needed to be done.

I have a specific set of vertexes that needs to be evenly placed along the Z axis.

Is there an option to select a bunch of them in editable spline or poly (lets say 100 out of 1000) set a minimum Z, set a maximum Z, and all vertexes within selection will evenly distribute between those set parameters?

--EDIT--

Here, view these image. They illustrate, more or less, what I need.

Anyone aware of such plugin/script/method?

left.jpg

top.jpg

I'm looking for something similar to Get in Line! but for splines.

Edited by elipan

• 3 weeks later...
The normalize spline modifier might do what you want.

Normalize Spline modifier does not keep the the vertexes, X/Y position. All it does is keep the Start/End vertexes.

I need the selected vertexes Z coordinate to be placed/distributed "averagely", while maintaining their exact X/Y coordinates. And without "smoothing" the spline.

A method for doing it that is not automated: Extrude the red line in your illustration so you have a mesh/face/polygon that is in the angle you want (a slope). In top view, use snap to vertex and use the slice function in edit poly on your slope, snap the slice to a vertex on your spline, and slice for all the verteces you need adjusted. Then go into side view, still with the vertex snap enabled and move the verteces of the spline down to the corresponding verteces of the sliced plane geometry.

If you require all the verteces to align to the slope you could use perhaps the free plugin glue from itoo soft, or a boolean operation i think perhaps pathdeform or something, i cannot remember the name, to "cut" your spline into the surface geometry.

A method for doing it that is not automated: Extrude the red line in your illustration so you have a mesh/face/polygon that is in the angle you want (a slope). In top view, use snap to vertex and use the slice function in edit poly on your slope, snap the slice to a vertex on your spline, and slice for all the verteces you need adjusted. Then go into side view, still with the vertex snap enabled and move the verteces of the spline down to the corresponding verteces of the sliced plane geometry.

If you require all the verteces to align to the slope you could use perhaps the free plugin glue from itoo soft, or a boolean operation i think perhaps pathdeform or something, i cannot remember the name, to "cut" your spline into the surface geometry.

This is a great suggestion.

I tried "Glue". Unfortunately, because of just the way it works, it will not allow you to align selected vertexes as it applies for the whole spline.

I researched a bit more and found I can use this script instead of Glue.

Thanks for the help! :)