V-RAY + 3DSMAX Background picture issue

caseygreen

Hi all,

When I try to put my design in context, with a real picture as background, the result is not great. The original context picture, before the render looks much better than after.

Do you know perhaps why? Or maybe you could suggest me another way ho to properly place your design in context. Thank you

Attached there are the 3dsmax file, the outcome render (WIP) and the original context picture.

VIEW_FOREST_render.jpg

FOREST BACKPLATE.jpg

How are you placing that background image in your scene? as a plane? dome or just regular background on Max options?

if you place that image as a material inside your scene, that bitmap will be affected by the lighting on your scene, so it may look darker or washed out. The best way to do this is using a self illuminated material on VRay and place your image as color bitmap, then you need to adjust its intensity as need it.

If it used as a regular 3D Max background then, it will keep it over all colors but the final output also may be affected by any color correction you do in VRay render buffer.

I would recommend to just render your scene and place your background image in Photoshop.

As a side note, to make your 3D scene to match better your background image, you need to illuminate your scene with similar colors of your background. Some website sell similar HDRimages that can be used to lit your scene and some of them are high res enough to use them as background. Other website give you a background image and a HDRI to use as illumination.

As it is right now, your 3D scene has a flat harsh illumination where your background is a lot softer and very green tinted.