V ray background picture issue

caseygreen

Hi all,

When I try to put my design in context, with a real picture as background, the result is not great. The original context picture, before the render looks much better than after.

Do you know perhaps why? Or maybe you could suggest me another way ho to properly place your design in context. Thank you

Attached there are the outcome render (WIP) and the original context picture.

VIEW_FOREST_render.jpg

FOREST BACKPLATE.jpg

It looks like you are using a textured plane with your background image on it - correct? You can do it this way, but try using a vray light material instead, this way it won't be affected by scene lighting or shadows. Another way is to load your background image into the environment map slot, but the plane method can work better for reflecting the background in your scene.

• 2 weeks later...
hello stephen,

I created a plane and then I applied the image through the material editor.

but I don't understand what you mean by apply a v ray light material? could you describe the steps perhaps?

thanks

He means that make Vraylightmtl and put your texture as shown on image below. after that adjust the intensity. Not sure if it will fix your problem tho, it will probably still look weird. But maybe postproduction will save you. Good luck.

vraylight.jpg