Illuminate with Scene Lights - Correct Exposure control

jeremyshough

Does anyone have any advice the proper workflow for working with illuminate with scene lights on in the viewport? I don't think I understand the fundamentals.

I'm new to vray and if I set it to Vray exposure control everything goes all white - and physical camera exposure control - the lights look very bright.

Sometimes the viewport is all white but the renders come out correctly.

Thanks!

What you are asking i guess is if it is possible to have the viewport correspond to what you are going to get in the render regarding vray lights? If so the answer is no, at least not from my experience. I think the viewport preview of the lights may work better with standard or mr lights, but ive not used them in ages so i am not really sure.

Does anyone have any advice the proper workflow for working with illuminate with scene lights on in the viewport? I don't think I understand the fundamentals.

I'm new to vray and if I set it to Vray exposure control everything goes all white - and physical camera exposure control - the lights look very bright.

Sometimes the viewport is all white but the renders come out correctly.

Thanks!

I don't really get what the duck are you trying to do but you are making it all WAAAAY to complicated. Don't rely on viewports response to your lights, its bullshit. You have to test out all lights by rendering, i usually use Active shade mode until my scene gets too heavy for it, then you can just use light cache to preview, or use progressive mode, or isolate some portions of the image and use active shade.