Serene clay render settings - Vray4SU

Vikram Malhotra

In trying to get clay renders of very serene quality. However, my renders don't turn up as good as seen in the attached example photographs.*

I am using SketchUp 2016 x64 and most recent stable version of Vray that came right before 3.4 beta. It's 2.00..something.

Can anyone please post screenshots of requisite vray settings for such perfect clay renders.?*

Screenshot_20170117-163018.png

Screenshot_20170117-163009.png

Screenshot_20170117-162422.png

Looks to me like they are only using a sky to light the scene and then using VrayDirt Maps as their Diffuse with some altered falloff settings. Something a big radius with a 0 Distribution. They also seem to be using a very slight VrayToonShade or something.

I don't use SU, but Vray is Vray. I'm pretty sure that playing around with these concepts will get you what you are looking for.

Looks to me like they are only using a sky to light the scene and then using VrayDirt Maps as their Diffuse with some altered falloff settings. Something a big radius with a 0 Distribution. They also seem to be using a very slight VrayToonShade or something.

I don't use SU, but Vray is Vray. I'm pretty sure that playing around with these concepts will get you what you are looking for.

Please post screenshots of dirt map settings, vray toon shade and other things that you're talking about. This will significantly help me in understanding the exact numerical figures that need to be entered.

I am a super novice when it comes to V-ray. I'm an architect that just presses the render button before adjusting ambient occlusion.