Digital waterfall

Devin Johnston

I've been asked to create a digital waterfall wall in one of our projects similar to the attached video. At first I thought I could find some footage of something similar and map it to a plane but so far there's nothing. I suppose I could try to simulate the effect using Phoenix FD but I'm not sure what kind of results I'd end up. Anyone have another suggestions?

Well from that footage it seems that it is a mix of two videos, one is the waterfall it self, that may be real water film, and the other are the ripples over the arches, those look CG, and that could be done with Phoenix or any water simulator.

Blender has a good simulator too, for free!

To find the waterfall video at the resolution you'll need ( I am guessing 4K)may be a task it self, but if you are not familiar with water simulations, then may be the way to go. You can get decent result quickly simulating water but to have something that does not scream CG is hard.

• 3 months later...

Hi

Although, I am replying late but still if you have any similar requirement then let me know . Have achieved something similar at very less cost. I have used 3 projectors and high-end media server to achieve a smaller version of waterfall projection effect. You can check out the video here -