Revenue model for 3d visualization studios/companies

hussyshah

How much money an average sized and top notch 3d visualization company can make in general? Needed to ask this question as I am about to start a new business and need to prepare a proper business model and some solid points for pitching the idea to investors. Any help or idea is highly appreciated.

Anywhere from 0 to infinity dollars.

One thing is for certain, I would hesitate to use investors as a backing for getting into this industry. It's way too volatile when you start out and while you need your thumbs to render, you don't need your kneecaps.

Hi Scott thanks for your reply. I am an architectural designer and been in this field for up to 5 years now. It is not for shark investors, but for small property investors to help me create a team and some workstations. I know there is a market so if I go international I see some business globally. Just needed to know some company names if possible who are making good money (in numbers) from this business. Any suggestions additionally is highly appreciated.

I really don't understand the need for investors. Surely any business's first port of call ought to be obtaining enough clients (and consequently turnover) to justify "creating a team and some workstations"?

Hi Chris I agree your point. But we definitely need a marketing team and other stuff to expand. The point here is not to argue about the need of investors but to know the numbers global visualization companies are generating so I can add any reference while asking for some capital.

Muhammad, with all the best intentions let me tell you something.

This industry, ArchViz is very crowded already, here you'll find all type of workers and artist, most of them are a true reflection of how our business grow and develop. Most of it is self learning and self research, nobody that will survive in ArchViz more than a year if it only work with one setting or rely on others to tell them what to do and when to do it.

if you want to start in this industry, you need from the beginning to do your home work, research, read here and there, learn, try, fail, rinse and repeat. I won't tell you who is who here, not because I am cheap bastard that does not want to share, but because how useful for you, if you want to start a company, from scratch and is willing to put over your shoulders money from other people. if you want to base your business from information that other people tell you rather than researching your self.

If you do a quick search on google, you'll get names and address of many Arch Viz companies in this planet, start from there, if you want you can call them, not sure if they tell you how much the make, but you can ask them to quote for a project then you can figure out and get other information that will help you to have some weight in your presentations for future investors.

You want to open a business that you don't know anything about it??

Start from there.

Best luck

Fco.

Hi Chris I agree your point. But we definitely need a marketing team and other stuff to expand. The point here is not to argue about the need of investors but to know the numbers global visualization companies are generating so I can add any reference while asking for some capital.

Ohhhh, you want the fastest route to earning millions. Why didn't you say!?

The company I work for turn over 1 Billion dollars a year.

c3305497a908aed0e1792f5d6be8bb85b8878081952e9874ad45fe22692451d0.jpg

How much money an average sized and top notch 3d visualization company can make in general? Needed to ask this question as I am about to start a new business and need to prepare a proper business model and some solid points for pitching the idea to investors. Any help or idea is highly appreciated.

Unless you have handful number of clients already, you shouldn't open up a rendering company, because you won't simply get any job that PAYS. Top notches will make millions but their clientele is something they built for years and most of them are through working relationship, not advertising. If you get your clients by advertising, you will get bunch of $500~600 jobs where you will have hard time breaking $100,000 a year after paying employees and bills. Typically, you will need to do about 80~100 $2,000 renderings per year to make decent money for yourself only and that's about 2-3 projects a month which is not that easy if you don't have regular clientele. Good luck.