How do i creat exterior glass in photoshop? With transparancy and reflections

dirkgevers

Hi!

I am struggling with photoshop and i was wondering if perhaps you could give me a tip! I have a photo of an existing building, where i want to add an exterior, glass elevator. I cant seem to find out how to create the glass in purely photoshop. I want the glass to be very transparant, so the existing building behind it remains clearly visible. I also want the glass to reflect the sky and/or trees.. For example like in this picture: http://www.cgarchitect.com/content/portfolioitems/2013/03/74445/BC_cam03_large.jpg

Thanks and i hope to hear from you!

Kind regards,

Dirk Gevers

What I do is create a layer that is an image image of what the glass would be reflecting. If the glass would be reflecting buildings then fake an image of the buldings. Alot of times I'll use google streetview to capture whats across the street to accurately show what the building is reflecting.

Then mask that layer to wear the glass is located. Use the transform and distort tool to position the reflection correctly.

Then play around with different blend modes and transparency of the layer. This will differ depending on what your image is and how much transparency you want but I usually stick to Screen, Multiply and linear doge. If the reflection is too strong just lower tho opacity.

• 2 weeks later...