Strange light circles

daniellg

Hi everyone.. im having trouble with some strange light circles in my render on 3dsmax 2016.

im using mental ray with FG and GI, a daylight system with a mr sun set on manual, mr sky portal and some free lights...

so far ive tried different things but i cant get it done...

turned off the mr sun

increased the FG quality and more spots appeared(when in draft mode, i had two spots, in low mode like twenty..)

all materials are arch&design and they have 64 glossy samples, with ambient occlusion at 64 samples..

also, yesterday i tried something and in order to see the results faster i rendered in the lowest resolution(320x240), and they disappeared...

test spots indeseables.jpg

and now i set the FG to high and there are thousands of them........

any suggestions???

thanks!

Edited by daniellg

[edit] Ignore this, I was looking at the wrong part of the image and read your post wrong.

Those are (if memory serves me correctly) FG points that haven't been averaged out enough. You either need more FG points which will give you a smoother result with more detail, but will take longer to render or you need to have mental ray interpolate over a larger number of FG points, which will create a smooth result that renders quickly, but lacks detail.

Or a middle ground between the two.

Read the manual.

Edited by Macker