Maxscript Help

James Vella

Hey guys, just finishing a quick script I need to run however I'm stuck on one last piece - any help would be greatly appreciated

I want to edit the Corona Conversion script so I can have it override proxy if it already exists in that location, but I don't know how to enable Boolean function.

http://www.racoon-artworks.de/CoronaConverter/mxsDocumentation.html

Proxy Converter:

.convertProxies() [location:] [overwrite: ]

Currently I have:

CoronaProxyConverter.convertProxies() true

This works, but I want to add overwrite so it does not ask if it already exists - just overwrites the proxy

thanks

edit:

small success, no cigar...

I want to supress this dialogue...

---------------------------

Corona Proxy Export

One or more CoronaProxy files do already exist on Disk, do you want to overwrite them?

(If you press "No", the existing files will be used for the generated Proxies)

Yes No

This is what the maxscript tells me...

CoronaProxyConverter.convertProxies() "overwrite:true"

Generated CoronaProxy: X:\Proxies\AG11_4.cgeo

(interval 0f 100f)

"overwrite:true"

It looks all blue and no errors woo! but still get the dialogue box that I have to confirm every time :S

Edited by redvella

You can try putting the expression inside the "Quiet mode" context

http://help.autodesk.com/view/3DSMAX/2017/ENU/?guid=__files_GUID_438AC4EB_2AA9_4EF8_BD1F_4EC8A034A316_htm

http://help.autodesk.com/view/3DSMAX/2017/ENU/?guid=__files_GUID_A1FFEDE0_9B92_4CD5_8127_76AA393D5143_htm

http://forums.cgsociety.org/archive/index.php?t-680291.html

I don't use Corona, but this is a general way to "force" max to do something without popping up dialogs every time.

Hope this helps,

-Nils

Edited by NilsN

thanks Nils,

I had to edit the Corona Conversion script as it had an override in there if anyones interested its line 380...

if doesFileExist outpath then (

if askForOverwrite then(

overwriteFiles = true

askForOverwrite = false

Ive got nearly everything working - just stuck on one line if you know what is the problem?

I'm trying to run the command-line code for relink bitmaps and its stuck on the array line...

if doesFileExist ((getDir #userScripts)+"\\Relink Bitmaps\\C_Lib.mse") and doesFileExist ((getDir #userScripts)+"\\Relink Bitmaps\\Relink_Lib.mse") and doesFileExist ((getDir #userScripts)+"\\Relink Bitmaps\\Relink Bitmaps.mse") then (

fileIn ((getDir #userScripts)+"\\Relink Bitmaps\\C_Lib.mse") quiet:true

fileIn ((getDir #userScripts)+"\\Relink Bitmaps\\Relink_Lib.mse") quiet:true

fileIn ((getDir #userScripts)+"\\Relink Bitmaps\\Relink Bitmaps.mse") quiet:true

) else (

MessageBox "Relink Bitmaps files are not in the default installation path. Try reinstalling."

)

sceneRelinkBitmaps

searchArr: #("M:/Stock","X:/")

ignoreCase: true

ignoreExtension: true

recursive: true

undoOn: false

lowMemory: true

allMaps: true

progress: progressBar

-- Error occurred in anonymous codeblock; filename: C:\Users\render\Desktop\Relink.ms; position: 628; line: 9

-- MAXScript FileIn Exception:

-- Syntax error: at keyword parameter, expected

-- In line: searchArr: #

ok working with this code, fault was with the array (you don't need to type array you just put the array) In this case I only need 1 directory so I'm not using an array #(""), just 1 directory ""

if doesFileExist ((getDir #userScripts)+"\\Relink Bitmaps\\C_Lib.mse") and doesFileExist ((getDir #userScripts)+"\\Relink Bitmaps\\Relink_Lib.mse") and doesFileExist ((getDir #userScripts)+"\\Relink Bitmaps\\Relink Bitmaps.mse") then (

fileIn ((getDir #userScripts)+"\\Relink Bitmaps\\C_Lib.mse") quiet:true

fileIn ((getDir #userScripts)+"\\Relink Bitmaps\\Relink_Lib.mse") quiet:true

fileIn ((getDir #userScripts)+"\\Relink Bitmaps\\Relink Bitmaps.mse") quiet:true

) else (

MessageBox "Relink Bitmaps files are not in the default installation path. Try reinstalling."

)

sceneRelinkBitmaps "M:\R&D\James\Corona Remote\3DTest\assets" ignoreCase:true ignoreExtension:true undoOn:false lowMemory:true allMaps:true progress:true