Workstation build advice - Ryzen based

Hi.

I'm looking for a replacement machine for a late 2013 iMac. Been waiting on Ryzen to come out to make the move.

I work with the usual stuff: 3ds Max and mostly Corona, so CPU rendering. I've chosen Ryzen because it seems pretty capable (multi-thread wise) for it's price tag. As for single threaded performance, would it be an issue given i'll be working with scenes with up to 20M polys? I know Max viewport performance is really bad anyway so...

Here's the build i'm thinking of:

http://imgur.com/1HJFPR6

Now, I have a couple questions i think you might be able to help me with:

1 - Would 16GB of RAM be enough for my needs? 2 channel or 4 channel? Is 3000Mhz enough?

2 - GPU: 1070 vs. 1060. I don't plan on moving to GPU rendering, so i think a 1060 is good enough? Aside from GPU rendering I don't really know what's the GPU role in our 3D work.

Feel free to send me any other tips/opinions on the build.

Cheers.

i suggst 32gb. since ryzen supports 2 channel ram so there probably wont be any difference if you use 2 or 4 sticks, its just ho many slots are on the mobo and what are your future plans. probably 2x16 and 2 more slots available for future updates. and yes, ryzen likes faster ram so 3000nhz would be good

i saw a test on autodesk website which showed that gtx 1080 or 1070 showed only +2 or +3 fps improvement over gtx 1060 and 980 in 3ds max 2017 vieport performance