Hey Guys,

I have a problem in my renders. I have used mesh vray light for the cove light but it is giving out an uneven tone near the AC Grill in the scene. Can you help me to solve this problem? I am using 3ds max 2017 - with vray sincfilter and irradiancemap as primary bounces, light cache as secondary bounces

view 1.jpg

Try enabling pre-filter and/or retrace in lightcache settings if you haven't already. This will increase your render times, though.

I already had all of this on in my scene. It did not help. Do you have any more ideas?

Also it is a night scene so the amount of light in the scene is less but there are a lot of grains.

Hey Guys,

I have a problem in my renders. I have used mesh vray light for the cove light but it is giving out an uneven tone near the AC Grill in the scene. Can you help me to solve this problem? I am using 3ds max 2017 - with vray sincfilter and irradiancemap as primary bounces, light cache as secondary bounces

When you have small details like grills or small crevices, you need to increase your IRR values, usually smaller samples and less interpolation will do, but this will affect your large flat areas.

One way to resolve this, and still using Irr ;) would be to use detail enhancement, this will calculate brute force in small detail or when the Irr threshold can't go further.

You could also do right click on that geometry and go to the VRay properties and increase the subdiv multiplier.

Over all the best solution and mentioned by Chris would be to use Brute force. then the only thing you need to worry is how many samples and how small is your color threshold. that would give you clean images. Of course your render time will increase accordingly either way.

When you have small details like grills or small crevices, you need to increase your IRR values, usually smaller samples and less interpolation will do, but this will affect your large flat areas.

One way to resolve this, and still using Irr ;) would be to use detail enhancement, this will calculate brute force in small detail or when the Irr threshold can't go further.

You could also do right click on that geometry and go to the VRay properties and increase the subdiv multiplier.

Over all the best solution and mentioned by Chris would be to use Brute force. then the only thing you need to worry is how many samples and how small is your color threshold. that would give you clean images. Of course your render time will increase accordingly either way.

Let me try the samples idea. Brute force has actually helped me show the smallest of details in a 1980 x 1080 resolution. Thank you so very much. The render time will probably double if I do a 3K render with all of my elements. I just have half of th scene right now and it takes about 3 hours. Will update the scene here. :)