job opportunities for ArchViz in Canada

priyankmistry

hi, I have completed B.Arch degree in india, have 1 year of experience in exterior/interior. I have knowledge of 3D software/plugins. I am looking for settle down in Canada and work as ArchViz artist.

I will study for 2 year as international student and will build my portfolio.

I don't want to work as an architect.

will there be enough job opportunities as ArchViz Artist? how much demand is there for ArchViz?

Have you checked the requirements to work in Canada? I'm not fully sure, but if they are anything like the US then it is a long and difficult process to apply for a work-visa and to find a company willing to sponsor you. It's even more difficult now that the Tangerine Tyrant is the President.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/work/

Canada is not building a wall so they are more immigrant friendly than us... well him ;)

I know there are some Canadias here in this forum, (Jeff???) someone may give more direct information.

I know there are lots of professionals in Canada so I am not sure demand would be in your favor for this profession, maybe you would ave better luck as an architect. You need to consider also all the USA professionals that are running in that direction too :p

• 2 weeks later...

The hotest place for arch viz jobs is in India. Literally the economy has completely shifted to make a better living there in this industry then in Canada.

Canadian work is all being outsourced to Asia unless you match the Asian prices and want to live with the Canadian cost of living.