which CPU is better for 3D max and Vray

AhmedRaouf

Dear All

i am working with 3D max and Vray

and one of my friends have two computers almost the same price i want to buy one of them and i need your help in choosing between them

i need to know which is better for still images 3D render

HP Z620 workstation

dual processors

each E5-2670 2.6 GHz turbo 3.30 GHz 8 core 16 thread 20 M cash

Ram : 64G DDR3 PC1600

VGA : Quadro 4000 2G DDR5

SSD : Samsung 256G Sata 6G

HDD : 2TB 7200 RPM

Processor : I7 5820K 3.3 GHZ Hexa Core 15 M cash

Ram : 16 G DDR4

VAG : GT 730

HDD : 2T 7200 RPM

Thank you very much for your help

How much are you gonna pay for #1 ?

I ask because i just bought myself two used workstations (Dell T5610 and one HP Z620) and used RAM/CPU's on ebay and have a good actual knowledge how much one actually can save currently when buying on ebay ...

But of course i don't know how the situation when buying via ebay is in egypt actually ...

Edited by spacefrog

Forget about Z620, especialy used. beter build yourself the same system on a decent motherboard. I've bought used z620 with 1 year warranty and within that year I've sent it for replacement 2 times because of fried motherboards, some time ago the mobo fried third time, so I just stripped the cpus and ram from it and will build another system myself avoiding any branded workstation ever.

Since it's a friend who is selling them, benchmark both before you commit. If the Z620 is healthy and the benchmark checks out, go with that one. For rendering stills, CPU and Ram are the most important. Sure, the UI will be a bit of a drag with the Quadro but you can fix that with a $500 flavor-of-the-month video card.