classic room

thijsvelsen

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! I like the idea and the camera. Even though, in spite of the wood material in the wood furniture looks good I think it is in a pretty basic stage. What I want to say with this? The reflections are too perfect, it almost seems like is plastic with a wood pattern, so in that case you could try using some maps in the reflection glossiness slot to give it some variation so it doesn't seem so uniform and perfect. The wood of the floor seems like it's okay.

On the other hand, I think you could make a bit brighter the background as it seems like a frame or a picture on the windows, so making it brighter also obey to the fact that to get correctly exposed the interior space the shutter speed must have to be set in a value that would have overexposed a bit the exterior. I think the perspective of the background is okay, it seems like the horizon of the background is aligned with the horizon line of the image.

I hope this can help you!.

• 2 months later...

Ok.. what I think:

-the crown molding suppose to go all the way up to the ceiling, without the shadow gap

-the wood is too orange

-the wood texture mapping / texture on the bottom cabinets is not looking good- the repeating dark vertical texture patterns/ fragments

-not sure why some of the elements/ objects are that bright (books, the figurine in the middle, sofa)- looking like pasted in photoshop.. not real

-sun falling thru windows also not too realistic- no 'real looking' shadow of the framing

-generally speaking- no 'real' illumination, seems like you put some artifical light source in the middle of the room with shadows turned off (cabinets are not casting shadows, sofa the same, books too bright without any reason- something 'smells fishy' there

-in the interior like that I would put some ceiling lamps to light the book shelves

-the exterior background image is just a bit too dark.. not much, maybe 25% brigher would do the job

not sure why the render looks artifical/ fake so much- please be honest- did you use any filling light without casting shadows? :)

the model is good- I think it would look much nicer when you use just the vray dome and some hdr map for illumination and add the book shelves ceiling lights

I've done a quick project similar to yours some day - not a great one but it illustrates the points I've made in the comments

02diff.jpg