Simple 360 viewer

Stephen Thomas

I've been producing some 360 degree renders for viewing on iPad or using google cardboard viewer. After trying out numerous apps I've found a great one for IOS called LookSee VR, which has a minimal interface with simple choice of screen or goggle based navigation.

However I'm struggling to find similar for Android devices. Has anyone got any recommendations? Not interested in anything with built-in content or links to 360 videos etc.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the replies. Could you maybe elaborate on the method a little? I don't know much about website coding, although we have a guy who does our website who could perhaps help.

We have an event coming up and would like to take along a few cardboard viewers. I guess the ideal scenario is that clients could type in a url or scan a QR code that would bring up the pano on their device and could be viewed using the goggles. Is that the sort of thing KR Pano or VR View could do? Sorry if I'm a bit dense on this subject!

Actually I've got a web guy as well :) Nonetheless it's rather simple to implement...basically it's an iframe with the API added. The API points to your 360 degree render somewhere online and it works on all devices.

In my case I've used a qr tag that points to a certain website with the panorama. We printed a couple of QR tags as stickers and voila....

The downside is that it only support spherical panoramas, but on the plus side it supports both mono and stereo.

KRPano is my platform of choice. Once you get past the initial (slight) pain of building and tweaking the XML, it's super easy because you've got a template you can always start out with. It's the only platform that allows sound (ambient and point-of-interest, both in spatial 3D!), and the customization in terms of menu and hotspot creation is fantastic.

No app based platform such as IrisVR or Yulio is going to give you as enriching of an experience. At least not yet. It all depends on what you are after: a quick look-see client review or as immersive of an experience as possible.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Hi Stephen,

Im trying to get a Panotour built in Kolor to work inside a website built in Wordpress. Is this what you managed to acheive?

Panotour will export a package that you can upload to your webserver. All that you have to do afterwards is to go to wordpress and Link to the html file and it should run.

This was done the same way: https://www.dvdarch.ch/360/360.html

You can let me know if you need more help with that, but it is pretty simple and you dont need to know any coding.

• 2 months later...

I suggest you try SentioVR for presentation needs regarding 360 renders. The platform supports all types of renders ( mono, stereo, cubemaps ) - has an easy interface for adding hotspots, information and sharing via a link or embedding into a website - or viewing in a Gear VR if you are using the device for client presentations.

Edited by chaitanyaravi1