Does ram speed matters for rendering

kirilneshev

More Ram Fast Light Cache Calculation Processing.

All calculations are done on the CPU, not RAM.

I doubt you'll notice a big difference in speed. If you're looking to have a noticeable difference in file handling/load times then you're much better off looking at solid state drives, specifically NVMe.

There have been a number of tests done that show after about 2100 you don't really gain much as bottlenecks appear elsewhere. That said if it the price difference isn't significant then just go for the higher rating. Timings are more important when it comes to RAM usage, low latency etc. so spend a bit more on lower CAS ratings rather than more MHz.

Hey Shahidansari,

Amazing work, well done! Whats your CPU that you are using? I am thinking of buying Ryzen 1800x , do you think its a good one?

My work is only within interiors, I have big scenes but not that often. I was having alot of troubles lately with my Asus rog g750 laptop with 500 sqm scene I had to give it to a rendering farm. Thats the reason for me to spend 2000-3000$ for a desktop

i have no idea about Ryzen 8100x

I am Using intel processor i7-6800K

Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe II = $400 which support 128gb Ram so buy now only 32gb Ram later any time you can upgrade Ram

OR Asus X99 Deluxe = $240 , Ram support 64gb for Intel Processor

Graphic Card Better go for Quadro P2000 5gb or P1000 4gb or P 600 2gb whatever fit Best for your Budjet

Ram:KINGSTON 32GB DDR4 2133 = $200

Harddisk Primary ssd 512 gb for software

Secondary - 1 TB or More for Data

Powersupply = may be 800Watt

Processor Cooler , etc

Please study more study More in detail before spending money

Because the way render engines work, memory speed is not a important factor, if any at all really, so save your money and buy cheaper memory but lot of it.

Having said that depending of the CPU you is the maximum amount of RAM you can use, for instance Shahidansari had one of the few i7 that can support 128Gb RAM Most of them can use a max of 32.

Ryzen 1800x can support 64 Gb RAM and as today is the best choice perfomance/price CPU you can get.

Because the way render engines work, memory speed is not a important factor, if any at all really, so save your money and buy cheaper memory but lot of it.

Having said that depending of the CPU you is the maximum amount of RAM you can use, for instance Shahidansari had one of the few i7 that can support 128Gb RAM Most of them can use a max of 32.

Ryzen 1800x can support 64 Gb RAM and as today is the best choice perfomance/price CPU you can get.

Handy info thanks Francisco Penaloza!

What do you think about GTX 1080 for RT rendering for light and texture orientation? (this is the GPU I am considering to buy with 1800x)

Yes Gtx 1080 is the king. ;)

But you also need to consider the GTX 1080 is 8Gb memory, where the GTX 1080TI is 11Gb memory.

Depending of your scene a large memory for your Video card would be better.

It is depressing to see how NVidia manage the prices of all these hardware, I paid around $700 for the GTX 1080 when it was released and now the GTX1080Ti with more memory is released with the same price and now the GTX1080 cheaper :( :( .

Edited by fco3d