(Samsung Gear VR) Latest Occulus update broke several feature you may rely on....

Corey Beaulieu

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/51833/no-stereo-in-360-photos-after-update/p2

Really just an FYI. We just bought phones for a client and were loading them up. I reviewed the images before sending and right was left, left was right. I'm going to make a PS action to fix, but will probably use one of the older Occulus versions provided on the above thread in the future.

Are you talking of the Galaxy S7 or S8???

Any ways I really do not understand how in this day and age we still not agree in standard, not even with this brand new tech that we can all setup to make life easy for everybody, Galaxy is the only one who need to render backwards, and everything else is side by side or top bottom and all combinations possibles..it is just ridiculous.

this is very annoying. I had to demo gear vr yesterday to a client only to find out the new update broke stereoscopic cubemaps...very embarrassing...

Does anyone know what the format needs to be now? I had been using the Chaos Group Labs Guide to VR as my workflow.

It's my understanding that the thing is going to be resolved back to normal at some point so I would just go the PS Action route for now.

from left to right I had to "Flip Horizontally" cubes 1 and 2 together and then 3-6 individually. Then, 7 and 8 together, and 9-12 individually.

....and I was using a Galaxy S7