Vray Scene Noise

richardcousins

I've modeled a bathroom and when I come to render I still get a fair bit of noise. I'm on Max 2016 and Vray 3.40.

Here is a link to my scene. Lighting setup is simple. It's a dome light with an HDRI map.

I've put up a render of with and without the denoiser on, just wondering if I can sharpen the scene up without the denoiser.

https://ufile.io/6zp4r

RENDER.jpg

DENOISER.jpg

I wouldn't bother with a dome light and HDRI for something like a bathroom with very little exterior fenestration. It's a bit pointless. The noise may have something to do with the vray optimization working way too hard to sample illumination in the scene. turn off the dome light and add a couple plane lights in the windows to test that out. I'm willing to bet there will be far less noise.

I also agree with John, just place VRay lights in the windows and it should render faster and get cleaner result with less passes.

Having said that, you settings are very low any ways, 1-4 for antializer is OK for testing but not for finals.

I did reset all setting to default and render a clean image. Not sure what values you adjusted in your render but everything seems very low.

What is rapidrtrenderer???

Thank you for the feedback guys. These are my current visuals for the bathroom scene.

They are taking about 2 hours to render.

Some of my materials are off like for the toilet paper and the towel which I need to re do.

This is still with HDRI lighting.

Is it best just to use vray sun & sky and a couple of light portals to light the scene?

I'm also trying to figure out why it looks of jagged on the edge of the ceiling lights and window. Guessing its to do with the sample rate?

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

Is it best just to use vray sun & sky and a couple of light portals to light the scene?

I think that was answered already, and suggested by John

I'm also trying to figure out why it looks of jagged on the edge of the ceiling lights and window. Guessing its to do with the sample rate?

Yes that's antialising, as explained on VRay help info, always areas of high contrast will need more antializing samples to clean up.

You have a few options, increase you image size, increase you AA samples or use a hard color mapping such Reinhardt with about 0.3. You could also use the clamping option.

Are you using IRR and lC??

I see some light leaks on small corner I would recommend to use Brute force as first bounce, but if your computer than get faster render time then switch to Irr but check the box of detail enhancement.