vray settings for 3ds max

muzaffarkhan

hello everyone, i just completed this render on 3ds max + vray but i am not satisfied with the clarity. i mean it dznt look real like renders i see online. so can any one please tell me whats my mistake or can anyone please suggest me good settings to be done in vray? thanks a lot :)

LIVING AREA RENDER - 01.jpg

I think you are off to a good start. A few things that I think would help the image:

1. Your image is flat. Everything has the same saturation and light intensity. Try playing with the sun coming in through the window. Or if there are windows behind the camera - have the sun come through and cast warm light on the floor/furniture/wall.

2. Materials - Your material mapping could use some work. I can see that the floor board wood texture doesn't match up with the model of the floor board. My eye is immediately drawn to the lower left of the image because of this. Same goes with the concrete walls and carpet. Your materials are also spanning multiple objects. For example, the books in the yellow cabinet - check those out ... they look strange.

3. Materials - Everything has a reflection. Fabric. Wood floor. Concrete.

4. Composition. Like John said, take a bit of time to look at composition by looking at photos and reading about what makes a good composition.

5. I like to vary my models. The books in the yellow cabinet are exactly the same in both cubbies. Reorder them, change the material (bitmap), mirror them ... use a different model. Something.

Hope this helps. :D