How is such presentation style of drawing or art created?

izumiaiko

Anyone knows how are all these "Line-Art" style of rendering are created? What is the steps to achieve this looks? Including the plain, flat and white Trees and Human Figures...

It has been troubling me for YEARS how do Architecture student do it!

These are the 5 images that I need to know roughly how it is created - I need a rough idea of how it's done. It doesn't have to be a clear explanation. Just rough run through will do... Like what softwares, the sequence of processing the work from 1 software to another etc...

1)

rwQpgr3.png

2)

ileg5AI.png

3)

NBWSXGb.png

4)

Zh2dVtq.png

These all had been done in Sketchup, As far as I know. You can build your models easily in it... Fee tutorials would be enough if never tried. There is also various options in Style Tab in sketchup, Which gives you all kind of visual style to look towards your model, From Sketching to Line Drawings! You can watch tutorials or you can play with settings..

You can even output your desired resolution from that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These all had been done in Sketchup, As far as I know. You can build your models easily in it... Fee tutorials would be enough if never tried. There is also various options in Style Tab in sketchup, Which gives you all kind of visual style to look towards your model, From Sketching to Line Drawings! You can watch tutorials or you can play with settings..

You can even output your desired resolution from that!

So it is not a rendering? Like, do you need to render to get such effect? Or did the person just literally did up that model, adjusted the style and went to screenshot it?

I would say it's possibly sketchup, but also just as likely to be Rhino or Revit or any other CAD/BIM program that can export a basic orthographic projection with a simple line style.

The other crucial program to this style of rendering is Adobe Illustrator, in my opinion. I've just finished my M.Arch and used it to produce this style of imagery and I would suggest most other architecture students around the world are much the same. You can control line weights, fills, easily create your own content and link it with the Adobe Suite (aka Indesign for layouts) very easily.

No, Sketchup dont need any Rendering.. There is Export 2D Graphic option, Which can give you high res image within seconds, According my knowledge, We usually model in Sketchup and its quite easy. I have used Illustrator but I feel that its not fast enough when you got multiple linings and complex shapes, It has advantges of Vector art but I dont think its necessary in our field. Thats why I prefer Sketchup. You can adjust line weights and color here too. In Addition its complete 3D Enviroment so once you adjust your style then You can have multiple shots with different angles. Which I love. Even Changes are Easily Done.

Its just my opinion, Everyone has its own way to achieve.

Not sure if this is a help...

I use Revit myself.

You can take a look at this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HQMKiL1Ii0

also

for more defined lines I use Photoshop...

duplicate background layer

use filter>stylize>find edges

set screen on this layer to multiply or overlay or whatever seems best (experiment)

adjust fill and/or opacity slider

Well, I am learning Sketchup...

How I wish similar tutorial for Sketchup exist. I am trying to replicate the EXACT same effect of the images I posted above, via Sketchup Pro 2016, PS and AI. Yet I am extremely stuck.

SPECIFICALLY at how did he achieve that WHITE/PLAIN Trees and Human Silhouette. I want to know how did he put that in from Sketchup and export it 2D to such effect for the trees and Humans.

Because I tried using PHOTOSHOP to do up the tree but it will take quite a long time, considering I have to make sure it seats correctly and accurately between the buildings etc.

So back to the same question... How do I export a sketchup model together with the White Trees and Human Silhouette as such?

rwQpgr3.png

Edited by izumiaiko

Not having used SketchUp in many many years...

how about changing the materials in the model to white or gray or whatever?

not sure sure about making extra lines invisible in SketchUp but Revit has that function and I would think SU would have that function as well.

did you try searching for a tutorial in YouTube?

try this search..."making lines invisible in Sketchup"

v

Could have been drawn in Adobe Illustrator. Quite easy to set up an isometric grid and it could have been done as a 2d drawing without any 3d modelling. Or perhaps drawn over a basic render of 3d model.

Trees, people etc. could be added as layer on top and outline stroke applied.

Right now,

I tried exporting my Sketchup TO-SCALE 3m x 3m x 3m (With height of 3m too) Cube model to 2d Graphic then DWG. BUT it turns out that It is not to scale! I checked the unit settings and all on BOTH AutoCAD and SU. None of it worked. Why is this so? How can I troubleshoot this?

I tried exporting as 3D Model then DWG and the scale turns out accurate on AutoCAD though!

Someone please help... How can I make it to-scale to export as 2D Graphic then DWG... :(

Add-on: I did set my sketchUp as Parallel-View then Standard then Iso view. Just that whenever I export it as 2D Graphic>DWG it will NOT be to-scale / accurate on Autocad. Whereas when I export it to 3D Model, it will be to-scale, BUT not the illustration-effect Iso I wanted above...

Please help! :(

Edited by izumiaiko

Export SU als 2D DWG in 1:1 and set scale in AutoCad or similar.

Should be correct then.

If you start setting the scale in SU you'll most likely have to rescale things later (which works too, just measure and calculate)

If you still aim for the SU to linework results you can just export SU as PDF, import it to Illustrator, Corel or alike and set line values.

Comes in as each intersection of lines is dividing all elements into segments which can be messy, but does work pretty good in the end.

Many ways to achive that, render with toon style (eg. for lineweight depending on depth), use plugins, export native from software.

Isometric view in SU needs plugins, look for TIG's plugins, one will need to be executed through the ruby console window with commands like axo3060 and alike.

Props (trees, people..) are easier placed in the software if they are within other 3D objects, otherwise can easily be placed later and set to same line and fill values.

Good luck, you'll make it.